(in my humble opinion)
- Fishtail/textured Braid. Braids were huge in 2011 and they were still here in 2012. This time, they were very textured, and dubbed “the fishtail”.
- Beach Waves. I love, love, love how flirty this hair style is!
- Top/Sock Bun. This was another trend that was big in 2011 and transferred over to 2012. This hair style is so chic, I just love it!
- Flirt Custom Lash. This year, I had the opportunity to get lash extensions by the amazing Sommer. Click here for my review of Flirt Custom Lash
- Pinkys Nails TO. I started following them on Twitter this past Summer after I found RTs of nail art they’ve done. Pinkys Nails is in Toronto and their team is uber talented. I have yet to get my nails done there but it’s on my to-do list!
- Cut Crease. So dramatic, perfect for a night out, and very Twiggy-esque.
- Neutral Smokey Eye. This type of smokey eye can suit just about anyone and it’s the perfect day eye!
- Red Lips. This trend can never go out of style!
- Ombre Lips. This is a fun trend! It’s not about slapping on some dark lip liner and light lipstick- you need to blend! Ombre lips are a great way to get creative.
- Maybelline FitMe Concealer. Best drugstore concealer I’ve tried!
- MAC Blush in Legendary. My go-to-everyday blush. Click here for review
- Vasanti Cosmetics Brazilian Bronzer. This is the perfect shade of bronze, and no orange! Click here for review
- Japonesque Brow Kit. Best brow product I’ve used! Click here for review
- Annabelle Smudge Paints. The only gel liner I carry in my kit! Click here for review
- B. Kamins. This is a Canadian brand that I’ve been familiarizing myself with. So far, I’m in love with their Nia-Stem Moisturizer and BB Cream! Read my review here
- Maskeraide. Another company and product I’ve come to love this year. Check out my review here.
- StriVectin Instant Retexturizing Scrub. My absolutely favourite exfoliator. After just a few uses, my bumpy skin cleared up!
- Dermalogica Pre Cleanse. I’m obsessed with this makeup remover. It breaks up hard-to-remove makeup, it cleanses the skin, it’s not irritating on the eyes, and it smells great!
- Lise Watier HydraSmart 3D Hydration Gel-Creme. For the winter months and dry skin, this Lise Watier moisturizer is a dream come true.
- Scarves and all the different ways you can wear them has been my obsession this fall/winter. Check out Wendy’s Look Book
- Statement Frames. I love big glasses but this year they made an appearance on men, too!
- Nail Art. Stamping, jewels, caviar- I love it all (except suede!)
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Clearly Quick. I really love this top coat. It’s a total steal for less than $5.
- Bedazzled Collars. They’re all the craze at Forever 21 right now!
- Studded Everything. Such a sexy trend!
- Denim. I loved denim this season: jeans, shirts, denim on denim. So flirty!
- Blazers can make any outfit look professional and polished!
- Pastel Hair. I could not get on board with a full head of pastel hair. I really liked highlights/low lights of pastels, though!
- Too Pale Lips. This beauty error never goes away. Some people have a difficult time choosing the right nude for their skin tone and just end up washing themselves out.
- Smokey Eye Overload. The smokey eye is beautiful, when done correctly. You smokey eye should not look like this!
- Garnier BB Cream. This may have worked for some but for me, it was terrible. My makeup did not sit well on top of it and it made my skin feel oily. Click here for review
- Avon Suede Nail Polish. I cannot attest to any other brand but the Avon Suede formula is terrible. It chips and the wear-time is terrible.
- Head- to- Toe Solid Prints. I love prints. I love to wear prints but I will not pair print upon print- especially the same type of print for top and bottom. It’s just too busy for me!
- Crosses. As print on your shirt, tights, or wearing a rosary. Some things should not be fashion statements.